An Open Invitation to all LITTLE LEAGUE ‘JUNIOR’, OBA SELECT & ‘A’ Bantam Baseball Team Managers and Coaches
On behalf of Oakville Little League we would like to invite you to play in the 4th annual Canada Day Classic Tournament July 1st to July 3rd, 2016.
Our expectation at Oakville Little League is that the Canada Day Classic will become one of the premiere baseball tournaments in Southern Ontario. Oakville Little League recognizes the need for an elite and competitive tournament for players aged 15 and under. Game MVP’s will be recognized for their sportsmanship, team play, and display of skill. The tournament champion will receive a trophy to keep that they can bring back to their home association.
The tournament is open to all LITTLE LEAGUE ‘JUNIOR’, OBA SELECT & REP ’A’ Bantam teams or lower. Teams from across Ontario, Quebec, Western New York and Michigan, regardless of national affiliation are welcome to apply. Our hope is to provide the highest level of competition in a fun, friendly and family-oriented setting. Any teams with players born prior to 2001 are not eligible. We look forward to hosting up to 16 teams. Last season we filled up very early. Don’t delay if you are looking for a great tournament.
The tournament is played in Oakville, Ontario. Oakville is located on the shores of Lake Ontario and conveniently situated on the QEW Highway. We are less than 30-minutes west of downtown Toronto and just 45 minutes from the United States border crossing at Lewiston, New York.
The Tournament format is as follows:
- All teams are guaranteed to play three (3) games
- Each team will play their first game on Friday, possibly early afternoon
- Teams will play down in their respective pools. Top teams from each pool will advance to the semi-final round.
- Semi-Final & Championship Game will be played on Sunday.
- Maximum number of games will be five (5).
- If you are not a local team and are travelling a distance we encourage you to use the Holiday Inn & Suites Oakville @ Bronte as your hotel of choice. A limited number of rooms have been blocked off at a discounted price for tournament teams. For more information, please Contact Johanna Redmond firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct at 905-847-1000
If you are interested in registering for this tournament, please download and complete the registration form and send it to Oakville Little League as soon as possible. To access the form, please visit our website www.ollb.org
Deadline for registration is June 1st, 2016.
If you have any questions contact us via email at email@example.com .
We are looking forward to hosting you at The Canada Day Classic Tournament. Sincerely,
OLLB Fieldhouse 905-827-1831